Tuesday, January 18, 2011

True Beauty

Real Beauty

Running around the house today, picking up toys, doing laundry, and cleaning hand prints off the windows, i caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and thought, "wow girl, you need to get it together". i haven’t had a shower in 3 days, i don’t have a stitch of make-up on, and realizing that that smell that has been following me around all day might actually be me! I've come to that time in mommy hood that you realize you are no longer the person you used to be. not only that but you don’t even resemble the person you used to be. I would have never left the house without a shower and makeup on, now i go to church some Sundays with neither. I remember lazy days with my husband when all we did was sit around and stare at each other and tell each other how much we loved each other, he would tell me how beautiful i was and I actually believed him. Now I'm stressed out and tired all the time. I got to thinking last night as I crawled into bed looking over to shane in the dark and thinking " what does he think about me" just then he said, "you are so beautiful". I said , "the lights are off, you can't even see me" he said " I don't have to see you to know that you are beautiful." Wow! how in the world could he still think that after the above description of myself. He knows everything about me and still says that after 6 years! i am starting to see that my beauty has little to do with what i look like and more to do with how I treat my husband and being the best mommy I can be to my kids, and most importantly giving God all of the insecurities that are holding me back from being those things. The Lord says he will give you beauty for your ashes (Is. 61:3), or in my case for my greasy hair, dimply butt, and the same pajama pants that i have been wearing for the last 4 days! How awesome that we serve a God that trades all of our trash for his best! So be encouraged mammas, you have so much more to offer other than external beauty, Proverbs 31:30 says " Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised". So go forth and be beautiful!!!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment